Just like our skin, your teeth can age over the years. Did you know that surface stains can be caused by the following?
- Drinking coffee, tea, red wine, sodas
- Accumulation of plaque and tartar
- Eating highly pigmented foods such as blueberries and cherries
- Antibiotics: tetracycline and doxycycline
We all want a whiter, brighter and younger smile-last year, 10 million Canadians spent over 1.7 billion dollars on teeth whitening products. Why spend thousands of dollars at the dental office and on over-the-counter remedies when you can make you own!
What you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide- available at your location drug store
- In a small cup, place a dime sized amount of toothpaste.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ½ teaspoon of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- Stir the mixture.
- Use your toothbrush and the mixture to brush your teeth for 2 minutes
To achieve maximum results, repeat steps 1-5 2 times a week. Once you start to see results, use the mixture once a month.
Dawn Marie Needham is the School Director at the Vernon Campus. She is also a beauty consultant for the local newspaper.