Our Calgary campus is looking to hire a Salon and Spa Coordinator!
Do you enjoy working in an industry that has a passion for making people look and feel great? Are you a team player with strong motivation and enthusiasm? If you have these important industry skills and you want to share in the development of our future professional, come join an Industry Leaders Team.
The Salon/Spa Coordinator is responsible for the training and enhancement of the Salon/Spa environment skills of each student. He or she will follow set guidelines and training materials provided to ensure proper and consistent information and knowledge transfer is provided.
• Coach & Mentor
• Customer Focused (students and clientele)
• Strong Communication Skills
• High Energy
• Teamwork Focused
• Quality Oriented
• Adaptable & Flexible
• Creative & Innovative Thinker
• Problem Solver
• Results Focused
• Accountable & Dependable
• Adhere to and motivate trainnees with the concept and values of the mission statement;
“M.C. College Group inspires passion for our industry nurtures creativity and cultivates financially rewarding careers.”
• Image (Represents the college in a professional manner to the trainees and clients with the image of an impeccable professional)
• To manage appointment booking procedures for client services in the school salon / spa.
• To handle computerized cash transactions including opening/closing procedures and maintenance of client records.
• To coach salon simulation skills.
• To coach proper telephone/appointment booking procedures and retail sales skills.
• To coach self-marketing skills, salon simulation, sales and promotional techniques, and methods to build and retain a clientele for each graduating trainee.
• Experience in customer service, retail sales and appointment booking an asset.
• Proper certification in Hairstyling/Esthetics from a recognized educational training facility
• Previous experience in a salon or spa environment is an asset.
• Demonstrable ability to be a problem solver, team player, takes initiative and is self-motivated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to manage a busy environment with varied responsibilities.
• Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail required.
• Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
• Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
• Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
• Interacts with students, co-workers and clients and other outside organizations.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and light lifting.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, email your resume and cover letter email@example.com